Eminence Organic Skin Care
Intermediate Software Developer
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume with ‘ASP.NET Software Developer’ in the subject line of the email.
For more information on Eminence Organic Skin Care, visit our website www.eminenceorganics.com, Facebook Page www.facebook.com/EminenceOrganicSkinCare and YouTube Page www.youtube.com/user/eminenceorganics.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, November 25th at 9pm PST
*Update on Monday, December 31st, 2018 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence’s Central Office
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Futureinitiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as “Favorite Skin Care Line” and “Favorite Product Education”, both for ten years in a row, as well as “Favorite All-Natural Line” for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple “Best of the Best” readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The ASP.NET Software Developer works in partnership with another Software Developer and together are responsible for co-building, maintaining and providing ongoing support for business software applications. Working closely with the IT Team, the role will work to enhance business processes and software development practices within the organization. The ASP.NET Developer will work collaboratively with all departments and teams to identify and scope requirements, code, deploy software, maintain a sandbox, manage version control and maintain Quality Assurance (QA).
The types of systems supported will include order processing, warehouse management, CRM, shipping cost calculators, reports, APIs and web services. This role will coordinate with other developers, 3rd party vendors and the entire Information Services team. The successful Applicant will have experience building and supporting internally hosted software programs.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The ASP.NETSoftware Developer reports to the Director of Information Services and works in collaboration with all members of the Information Services and Digital teams to ensure that software is scoped, built, tested for reliability and supported ongoing. The Intermediate Software Developer also works collaboratively with internal team members from Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Customer Education, Business Development, Order Services, Sales and Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities Software Development & Support
- Design and build software programs which enhance business processes, workflow efficiency and/or visibility in all areas of the organization
- Work closely with all teams to ensure systems meet the business needs
- Design systems which prioritize user experience
Project Management & Communications
- Track and update the project plan for all assigned projects
- Contribute to the requirements-gathering processes
- Communicate milestone dates to members of the project team
- Maintain communication with stakeholders to share key details of each project
- Utilize an Agile approach to software development
- Attend weekly 1-1 with leader
- Attend project meetings as necessary (weekly, bi-weekly or other)
- Attend Company Wide Conference Calls and Meetings
- Attend weekly Information Services Meetings
- Attend the Eminence Annual Business Conference and assist where required
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to develop software in a business environment (minimum 3 years)
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of job description
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with technology QA/QC and testing (minimum 1-2 years)
- Experience with unit testing in Visual Studio
- Knowledge of API programing, SQL Server, SVN version control.
- Knowledge or experience in AWS or similar, PHP, Android an asset
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative and productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Good written/oral communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Effective time management, multi-tasking and organizational understanding
- Good attention to detail
- Passionate work ethic with desire for achieving individual and collective goals
- Strong initiative, creativity and excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer skills (especially MS Word, Outlook, intermediate to advanced Excel)
Job Type: Full-time
- jQuery: 2 years (Preferred)
- C# Webform: 3 years (Required)