The mission of the Jewish General Hospital Foundation is to advance health care and medical research for the people of Quebec by supporting Montreal's Jewish General Hospital.
The Foundation provides essential assistance to enhance the JGH’s extraordinary patient care, to further scientific discovery and to acquire the most recent and innovative medical equipment.
We partner with inspired members of the community to implement a wide variety of fundraising initiatives to achieve these ambitious goals.
Reporting to the Director, Donor Relations and Gift Management, the Receptionist is responsible for answering calls, entering donations in the database, responding to donors request either in person or on the phone. Coordination of the daily mail, verifying accuracy and updating data in the information system are key responsibilities for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as a first line responder to all initial donors and visitors requests (high volume of incoming calls, manage email inbox).
· Take donations on the phone and in person. Meticulously takes all of the donor’s information including address, message for card if applicable, amount of gift and contact information.
· Update donor information in database such as address and email. Create new constituents in the database.
· Process daily mail and distribute to proper department after initial treatment.
· Train all new employees on how to take a donation and complete the initial process.
· Provide administrative support to the Managing Director.
· Participate in special projects such as the holiday card program. Follow up with donors, review lists of names and ensure cards are finalize and ready for delivery.
· Enters all data in the Raiser’s Edge database and keep data accurate and up-to-date.
· Review gift batches, manage and coordinate the archiving of the different lots.
· Oversee shipments. Track courier charges.
· Provide collaborators with Foundation material i.e. pamphlets
· Manage stationary items and reorder as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· College or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Experience of at least two years in a similar position
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
· Experience in accounting is an asset
· Knowledge of Raiser's Edge gift management software is an asset
· Excellent knowledge of the internet, Microsoft Office suite software
· Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good problem-solving and analytical skills;
· Good organizational skills.
· Capacity to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
· Has a high level of energy, enthusiasm, determination and initiative.
· Regular full-time position (35 hours/week)
· Competitive salary
· Health, dental and pension plan coverage
Application Deadline: 2021-01-20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Required)
- French (Required)
- English (Required)