The Sales Manager- BUSINESS TRANSIENTis a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual responsible for the generation of successful achievement and future development of significant sales volume produced at established levels of profitability. Serving as the most visible ambassador of the Hotel, this position requires exceptional organization and dedication to interpersonal communications to fulfill the numerous responsibilities of client relationships, industry involvement, business strategy, financial accountability. Along with managing this market segment, additional smaller markets will be assigned including but not limited to consortia, travel agents, stop-overs and government group.
- Generate, achieve and develop targeted sales volume, reflecting budgeted levels of revenue generation and profitability.
- Upsell/negotiate services to maximize revenue and profit.
- Provide exceptional customer service through relationship development, strategizing account development and creating plans that fully exhibit commitment to the fulfillment of customer expectations.
- Sell the Hotel creatively, utilizing a goals/benefits/features approach to securing business.
- Assert comprehensive knowledge and keen awareness of both hotels primary market, its surrounding areas and resources.
- Assert knowledge and maximization of any Brand programs; sell strategy and brand-specific pricing techniques (as applicable)
- Maintain a working knowledge and awareness of the competition in current and changing conditions; frequently visiting facilities and reporting on the business climate as it relates to competitive advantage.
- Proactively prospect, research and solicit new accounts.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities and strategies, proactively pursuing the appropriate mix and type of business that will best achieve both hotels sales plan and direction.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Sales activities and reports in CI/TY
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions, hotel staff meetings and client events as required for specific business situation, or as requested by Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Conduct site inspections, escort client visits, actively entertain, and personally interact with customers.
- Promote the Hotel through regular industry involvement and exposure at local and/or national events. Acts as liaison with Marriott Sales Team and Tourism Toronto.
- Maintain a high level of professional standards including appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self.
- Maintain positive employee relations in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in sales and marketing in a full service hotel
OR 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
2 to 3 years’ experience in sales and marketing in a full service hotel
Possess strong sales and negotiation skills
Proven prospecting and new business development abilities
Must have working knowledge in the Business Transient Market
CI/TY Marriott Sales & Catering systems preferred
Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Group health and retirement plan, meals, dry cleaning, parking, travel benefit