NORTH STAR HIRING WINDOW & DOOR PRODUCTION ASSEMBLERS: FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Due to the continued exceptional growth of our business, North Star is pleased to offer a fixed term contract opportunity working with our production team in St. Thomas (various openings). Throughout the duration of our 2021 season, we will be aggressively recruiting for our full-time permanent team, with the aim of rewarding our contract associates who demonstrate the ability to perform to the highest level.
Our Company: North Star Windows & Doors (40684 Talbot Line, St. Thomas)
North Star is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of windows and patio doors. We are a dynamic, forward thinking company that offers growth opportunities and exceptional learning experiences. Join our team today!
Position: Production Associates (Window & Door Assemblers)
Anticipated Contract Term: Immediate Start- December 2021
Pay Rate: Starting at $17.00/hr (Days) & $18.00/hr (Afternoons); Potential for Increase + 4% Vacation Pay
Duration: Fixed Term Contract (40-44 hours/week + OT); Potential for Permanent Full-Time
Shifts: Days (6AM-3:30PM) & Afternoons (3:45PM-1:15AM) *Rotation Required
- Review orders, prep materials using power tools, hand tools, saws/automated welders
- Hardware installation, sealed unit glazing, glass installation, screen fit, assembly, packaging, and other various tasks
- Follow direction of leadership and continuously verify quality through measurement
- Wear proper PPE and follow safe work practices at all times
- Previous experience with general labour/construction/manufacturing an asset
- Willing to train, but must have a great attitude, strong work ethic and willingness to commit to our team
- Standing for 8-hr, lifting/maneuvering of products required (medium lifting); handling of materials (manual dexterity required)
- Experience using power tools/hand-tools an asset… must be safety-conscious
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and 18-yrs of age or older
- Fixed term contract working with a well-established company (deemed an essential service) with opportunities for growth
- Potential for permanent hire and all associated benefits (wage increase, health care benefits, paid vacation, gain-sharing)
- Safety shoe reimbursement after 3-mths; all additional PPE provided
- Exclusive employee discounts on North Star products; competitive wage, gain-sharing program for contract associates
- Opportunities to learn new skills, gain experience, apply for internal job postings and work in safety-conscious environment
North Star Windows & Doors has implemented various policies and practices to protect our employees from COVID-19 related illnesses. These new procedures will be explained during each phase of the recruitment and onboarding process.
*NOTE: At this time, we are only accepting resumes electronically. Apply directly to this ad, or through the "Careers" section on our website.
North Star is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday