We are an organization run by engineers and we offer Virtual and In-Person STEM programs for kids. Our unique workshops aim to connect science concepts to real world engineering challenges and inspire kids to become creative tinkerers.
Are you currently enrolled in a Science or an Engineering program at a Canadian Post-Secondary institution? Do you enjoy explaining science concepts to others? Are you a motivated do-it-yourselfer? EngKidz is looking for an energetic STEM instructor to join our team!
STEM instructor’s responsibilities will include:
· Leading the online and in-person STEM classes in a fun and engaging way, and helping kids build their STEM projects and troubleshoot issues
· Developing new workshops and hands-on building of science demonstrations, presentations, and project kits
· Helping with marketing, customer engagement, and other activities as required
This is a contract Full-Time co-op/intern position for 3/4 months subject to funding.
Visit EngKidz.com to learn more about the company.
Why work with us?
- EngKidz is run by local BC Engineers who are passionate about inspiring the next generation of engineers and scientists.
- We provide training, guidance, and an excellent opportunity to be flexible and creative!
- You get a chance to improve your leadership, communication, technical, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work remotely.
- An opportunity to work hands-on and make science books come to life!
- Basic knowledge of science concepts, electronics, and coding.
- A maker mindset and an ability to develop prototypes and projects for science concepts.
- The candidate must be currently enrolled in a Science or an Engineering Program at an accredited post-secondary Canadian institution.
- Be either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or a protected person defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Interest in working with children between 6-13 years of age. Prior teaching experience is an asset.
- Ability to manage classes on online platforms such as Zoom. You are expected to have your own working laptop/desktop and home-office space to work remotely.
- First-Aid certification required for in-person classes.
- Background check with Vulnerable Sector will be required before starting position.
Please provide a cover letter and include in it a short description of your favourite science topic and/or a science or engineering project.
Job Types: Full-Time, Part-Time Contract Work-Term: Jan 2021-Mar 2021
Work remotely: Yes, mostly
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings