Job Title: Roll Form Machine Operator/Bundler
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Calgary
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of the position is to operate, adjust, and set-up assigned mill lines independently while meeting production, quality and safety requirements at a 90% average productivity. This process involves loading and setting up steel coils, and make necessary adjustments for passing steel strip through roll forms. The individual will operate machinery, bundle pieces, transfer finished products onto wagons, and monitor the roll forming operation.
The individual should be able to identify immediate quality problems by performing scheduled sampling as well as performing operator checks as per quality procedures and required product standards. The individual is expected to manually handle finished products and prepare cartons for final packaging. The individual is also responsible for compliance with safety acts and regulations.
This position significantly contributes to the overall production function of Bailey Metal Products Limited. If the materials are produced in time or produced incorrectly, it will have a significant negative impact on Bailey’s operations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Load steel coil onto un-coilers using crane once trained and certified;
- Tighten un-coiler and cut straps on the coil;
- Guide the steel into processing areas (rolls) using jogging controls;
- Activate machine using control panel by selecting the order type, and clear any jam-ups;
- Set up or adjust rolls and conduct quality inspection to check product conformance;
- Complete all required quality documents, report issues as required;
- Gather products, strap into bundles, place bundles on wagon and apply identification;
- Prepare all required production and safety related reports and forward to the supervisor;
- Complete any other work assigned by Supervisor / Lead Hand / Plant Manager;
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules, safe practices and requirements laid out by Bailey.
- 1-2 years experience in manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Ability to properly use measuring equipment such as tape measures (imperial and metric), calipers, micrometers, etc.;
- Knowledge of hand tools such as tin snips, allen keys, screw drivers, hammers, etc.;
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing;
- Personal attributes include ethical, open-minded, observant, and tenacious;
- Quick learner, team player, yet self-motivated and capable of meeting deadlines.
- A fast-paced, team based environment while meeting all safety requirements;
- Overtime as required;
- Must be physically capable to lifting products up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)