Winnipeg Harvest is a fast-paced, energetic workplace with employees that care about the work we do and the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit, community-based organization, our goal is to collect and share food with people that are hungry and offer training opportunities to help people step up and out of poverty.
“Begin with the end in mind”
- Stephen Covey
The Multimedia & Design Coordinator is the creative genius behind Winnipeg Harvest’s presence in the community. Working across all marketing & communication channels to share our stories in impactful and meaningful ways, this position will fit someone that thrives in a creative, high-volume environment where no two days are the same, and who wants to join a team that is committed to positively impacting the community!
What you will do:
- Approach your work with a sense of creativity, heart, determination and collaboration.
- Create exciting and impactful design solutions for our various stakeholders and audiences.
- Design engaging and effective communication elements across multiple platforms.
- Brand the heck out of things. We need a consistent voice, and you’ll help bring it to life.
- Update and maintain website content, including SEO and site functionality for optimal user experience.
- Plan, launch and manage all ads (print and online) and analyze their effectiveness.
- Shoot and edit photos and video for our various social media platforms.
- Maintain the administrative components of design files and content.
- Write engaging content for press, social media, blogs, etc.
- Support our diverse team - your role providessupport to just about everyone.
- Willingly lend a hand wherever it’s needed for our CREW!
- A firm belief in the dignity of all human beings and a positive, caring approach.
- Post-secondary education in a Graphic Design, Creative Communications, Marketing or related discipline.
- Demonstrated success leading design concept, layout & process across a wide range of communication platforms and channels.
- Experience applying visual identity and branding standards in a consistent and creative way.
- Skilled in web design, including WordPress, basic HRML/CSS coding, social media, etc.
- Collaborative by nature, with the ability to interact positively with the team and remain open to feedback.
- Exceptional time management and abilityto manage multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
- Familiar with food-security and poverty issues (a substantial asset).
- Proficient with CRM programs, Microsoft Office Suite, and the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Able to pass a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required; access to a reliable vehicle preferred.
Interested in using both your skills & your heart at work? Let’s talk.
Please apply to this ad with your resume & cover letter (or whatever else you’d like to show us).
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those with the required qualifications will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- InDesign: 3 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Preferred)