At Scott Safety Supplies Services Inc., we are a team of experienced and competent individuals committed to the well-being of our communities. Building trust with our clients has grown our company now serving multiple industries within Western Canada. We are currently looking for qualified, self-motivated and professionals to join our team.
We are now hiring Industrial Firefighters! 16 full-time positions available to join our dynamic team at our Whitecourt, AB and Grande Prairie, AB locations.!!
Why Work With Us:
- Competitive compensation package!!
- Quarterly Incentives paid out on hours worked!!
- Company benefits including Dental, Vision, and Extended Health Care!!
- In-Field Support QCQA - Opportunity for career growth, learning and development, and potential for tuition reimbursement
- Positive Work environment
- Casual Positions - Flexible schedule
- Full Time Positions - Fixed term schedule with possibility of extension – we can work with you on an individual basis!
What You’ll do at Scott Safety Supply:
- Support a healthy and safe work environment
- Set up and maintain firefighting and/or shower equipment as describe in specific procedures
- Provide firefighting, fire protection and emergency services
- Responsible for engaging in safety meetings and emphasis on specific hazards
- Ensure all required safety paperwork is complete, organized and submitted
- Maintaining equipment and ensure supplies are current and in working conditions
- Ensure fire truck is in excellent functioning conditions by completing pre-trips, and inventory checks.
- Operate company vehicle in a professional manner, in accordance to Scott Safety policy, highway traffic laws and any rules of operation in effect on privately owned roads
What You’ll Bring to The Team:
- Must hold a valid NFPA 1001 and 1002
- Must be capable of operating fire pumps and all associated fire equipment
- Previous industrial firefighting experience
- Experience in the use of breathing apparatus and gas detection equipment
- Knowledge of NFPA regulations regarding fire protection services
- Valid class 3 driver’s license with air brakes
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate clear judgement in fast pace and high stress environment
- Physically capable of working in adverse environments and conditions
- Valid H2S Alive Certificate (Energy Canada)
- Valid First Aid Ticket Level C
- Valid Common Safety Orientation Certificate (CSO)
- Class 3Q driver’s license; 5 year drivers abstract will be required
- Pre-employment Drug Screening is Mandatory
Scott Safety Supply Services Inc works very closely with our customers to build a strong working relationship with a focus on consistency and professionalism. We pride ourselves on the “quality” strategy and great people within our organization. Scott Safety’s mission is to create a culture of safety that will put our clients in the driver seat to becoming the industry leader in the safest work environment possible, as well as creating a safe workplace for our customers, their employees, as well our own people.
We thank you in advance for your interest. After reviewing applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- H2S Alive (preferred)
- Class 1 & 3 Drivers License with Airbrakes (preferred)
- First Aid Ticket Level C with AED (preferred)
- NFPA 1001 level 1&2 and 1081 (preferred)