What is the opportunity?
This role is responsible to support the actuarial and risk management functions for the International Longevity Reinsurance product line as well as to supervise actuarial analysts in day to day activities.
What will you do?
- Support and enhance annual mortality and other experience studies by developing exposures and death claim data, preparing data reconciliations and analyzing actual to expected ratios,
- Support and enhance actuarial financial reporting to ensure effective completion of all annual, quarterly and monthly actuarial processes; including but not limited to: valuation, AA Report, and income forecast. In addition, provide the business with implications of emerging financial results and related metrics, particularly earning by sources (EBS), for morbidity, lapse, expense, commission and economic drivers
- Support interest rate swap testing including: developing liability cash flows, preparing sensitivity testing, and determining valuation interest rates and reserve impacts
- Support the completion of annual and quarterly in-force extract data updates, including analysis of merged file, identifying new treaties and plans, setting up GGY AXIS tables, preparing reconciliations and movement analysis, and assessing reserve impacts
- Support and enhance valuation modelling with maintaining and updating GGY AXIS valuation models for monthly reporting, assumption updates, model enhancements and coordination with regression testing
- Support risk governance and oversight, support annual update of risk appetite and delegated authority, and ensure top and emerging risks remain within risk appetite through frequent monitoring
- Support regulatory changes, for example LICAT and IFRS 17
What will you need to be successful?
- Successful completion of ASA from a recognized actuarial examining board with two or more years of insurance experience
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial principles, longevity reinsurance products, the legislative environment and industry best-practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to be an innovative thinker and understand the "big picture" as well as Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to adapt to changes
- High energy, results-oriented self-starter with the ability to achieve under tight deadlines in a rewarding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical audience
- Working experience with GGY AXIS, Excel, MS Access
Please note this is a 15 month contract and the successful candidate will have the ability to work out of Ontario or Barbados.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
6880 Financial Dr
Required Travel (%):
Group Risk Management