Job Description Nurse Practitioner - Restorative Care Unit
Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities and champion a culture of exemplary care to deliver clinical excellence by creating an environment where the best experiences happen. Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
Be a part of a dynamic team of professionals working collaboratively in a dedicated care team. Foster your patients’ independence and quality of life and optimize their remaining strengths and abilities.
Southlake Regional Health Centre is a full-service hospital with a regional, clinically advanced focus, providing advanced levels of care to the more than one million people who reside in York Region, Simcoe County. The Southlake Restorative Care Unit is our newest addition.
The Advance Practice Nurse/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner:
- Engages in direct and in-direct advanced clinical practice, education, research and consultation within an identified clinical specialty area to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to patients/caregivers.
- Actively participates as part of the program and professional leadership team in promoting quality care by implementing evidence based practices, evaluating patient outcomes, development and evaluation of policies, clinical programs and services.
- Supports ongoing learning through professional development and the coaching and mentoring of students
- Models both the professional and organizational core competencies and provide expert clinical nursing leadership.
- Masters in Nursing/Nurse Practitioner Stream, or
- Masters in Nursing/Master of Science in Nursing with successful completion of a post Masters Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate program from a recognized school of graduate studies
- Minimum 3 years relevant clinical specialty-related experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Recent experience in Geriatrics and Chronic Diseases Management
- Registered in Good Standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current member of RNAO
- Clinical specialty organizational membership preferred
- Nurse Practitioner’s Association of Ontario
- BCLS required
- Minimum 3 years experience as advanced practice nurse in specific clinical specialty preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative practice model with interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work autonomously utilizing critical thinking skills, and advanced decision-making, problem recognition and problem solving skills.
- Experience in clinical nursing, and interprofessional leadership and education.
- Experience with program development, quality improvement initiatives, and program evaluation.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
At Southlake Regional Health Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.