As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex. Therefore, our commitment to helping make the world a safer place is more important than ever. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 370,000 employees globally and over $10 billion in revenue in 2018, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. We love to hire top talent.
Position: Security Guard (Security Team Member)
Status: Casual, On Call
Location: Woodstock, ON
The Security Team Member is responsible for all aspects of perimeter security including access & egress of persons and vehicles on site throughout the duration of their shift. This position supports a casual/on-call schedule, with potential for full-time employment.
- Conduct Mobile patrols of all premises.
- Complete concise incident reports for all deficiencies.
- Monitor traffic flow through entrances and exits as well as deter any trespassers.
- Provide access control and vehicle searches.
- Perform front entrance reception duties as required.
- Conduct random bag checks as directed.
- Provide support to cover all designated site posts as directed.
- Follow post orders, and site policies and procedures.
- Understand and promote the Securitas Quality objectives: Integrity, Vigilance, Helpfulness.
- Perform daily inspection and maintenance of security patrol vehicles and report deficiencies.
- Protect staff and contractors on site.
- Follow security breach procedures by notifying supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Valid Ontario Security License.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Class G Driver’s License
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Police Foundations or equivalent diploma in the field of security and investigative services is preferred.
- Previous security experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate level use MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience using Lenel software considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to situations with tact and diplomacy and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask required.
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.44 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- Security (Required)
- Class G (Required)
- First Aid and CPR (Required)