Norseman is looking for a Sales Manager for our Protective Solutions business unit located in Langley, BC. The incumbent will be responsible for the sales of foam applications in several key markets, including Health & Medical, OEM, Protective Packaging, Marine, Sports & Leisure, and Military/Defense.
This position responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities and new business development in the Protective Solutions Business. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and sales growth. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the market area.
- Develops an effective strategies to increase revenue growth and market share
- Lead sales team in the development of their sales pipeline and ensure consistent opportunity capture
- Lead sales team in new business development and share of wallet
- Monitor trends and changes in the Protective Solutions industry, maintain current knowledge about the competition, market threats and challenges
- Develops a sales plan, budget and strategy for the market to meet company sales goals and profitability.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding sales revenue and targets
- Responds to customer quotes with competitive pricing while maintaining proper profit margins.
- Establishes and develops customer specific pricing, terms, and conditions in the Protective Solutions business in conjunction with Sales and Finance management
- Maintains and record accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity for all direct reports
- Ensure RFP identification and lead the proposal process for RFP responses
- Monitor sales expenses to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains and increases network in the market area to generate customer growth.
- Ensures that all Sales Representative meet or exceed all standard sales activity through pipeline reporting.
- Collaborates with the Operations team to ensure production can meet sales activities
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Supervises, trains, develops, mentors and motivates new and existing staff
- Collaborating with marketing and support the marketing strategy that promote sales
- 5+ years working in the foam industry within a Senior Management and Business Development role
- Advanced technical knowledge of foam materials and their application variables
- Extensive knowledge of market dynamics in the foam fabrication industry and related markets
- Bachelors of Business Administration degree, diploma or equivalent preferred
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills
- Proven record of accomplishments in delivering quantifiable impact to both the top and bottom line
- Computer and software proficiency MS Office Suite, CRM, database management – Salesforce, etc.)
- Travel required up to 40% to visit Norseman branch locations, visit customer base, attend trade shows, conferences, and industry functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Sales: 6 years (Required)
- Business Development: 6 years (Required)
- foam manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)