Recognized as one of North America’s leading custom enclosures manufacturers, CMP Advanced Mechanical Solutions designs and manufactures complex products for customers in the enterprise and storage, EMS, homeland security, industrial, medical diagnostics and lab, power, self-service (ATM, kiosk, retail), and semiconductor capital-equipment industries, as well as new and emerging markets.
CMP has state-of-the-art design and manufacturing facilities with air-conditioned environments in Châteauguay, Quebec, near Montreal, Binghamton, New York.
The health and well-being of employees is at the heart of CMP's concerns. In 2013, the company received the "Employee Well-Being" jury's heartfelt prize and in 2014 she won the Dux Contest for her healthy eating initiatives.
Since January 2017, CMP is certified « Healthy Enterprise ».
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for observing and evaluating the manufacturing processes in order to standardize and improve the efficiency of the company.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is a professional who understands quality standards and best business practices and applies them. He or she coordinates the day-to-day activities of quality inspectors and monitors and resolves quality issues with the help of the various colleagues.
The coordinator must be an agent of change in our goal of achieving and maintaining a culture of zero defects.
The incumbent is expected to contribute to the maintenance and continuous improvement of the plant's quality management system.
The coordination and promotion of our Quality System as well as the implementation of continuous improvement action, insurance, and quality control.
- Put in place the necessary mechanisms to identify daily non-quality events;
- Implement the necessary mechanisms and measure non-quality in the key areas of the production department;
- Implement quality inspection methods and required documentation;
- Monitor the quality performance of the plant (quality control and reporting);
- Ensure internal communication and escalation of non-quality issues to management;
- Implement corrective action: Organize activities to identify root causes and carry out action plans to eradicate non-quality events;
- Implement preventive action: perform a risk analysis and work in collaboration with the department of Operational Excellence on continuous improvement projects;
- Develop non-compliance sheets to evaluate procedures internally.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in quality assurance, quality control, production;
- Be an agent of change;
- Have an attention to detail; be rigorous and methodical;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong ability to assess the importance of manufacturing incidents;
- Ability to read technical drawings;
- Ability to interpret technical documents to identify customer quality requirements;
- Strong problem-solving skills, good teamwork and organizational skills;
- Use the latest applicable standards;
- Effective in an environment where priorities change;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Bilingual (French and English);
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent