Big Country PCN
0.5 Part-Time Psychologist
Stettler Area- Alberta
Big Country Primary Care Network is searching for an individual interested in working in a healthcare environment that allows you to impact patient care at the primary care level for Stettler and the surrounding area.
Practicing in a specialist role, as a Psychologist within our clinics, you will enhance primary care through the provision of assessment, counseling interventions, effective coordination/management, and referral to community services as well as facilitating cutting edge group programs.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- Promotes an understanding of the Primary Care Network service and benefits, for all stakeholders as part of the advancement of enhanced primary care
- Supportive of an organizational culture which fosters relationships and multi-disciplinary collaboration/teamwork
- Under direction of management participates in the evaluation process based on best practice
- Acts as a resource for other team members
- Demonstrates an awareness of policies and procedures through application of these policies and procedures as required
- Develops and sustains effective relationships with health service partners to facilitate continuity and consistency of care
- Facilitates resource awareness between PCN physicians and AHS programs to promote continuity of patient care
- Works with a dynamic inter-professional health care team to facilitate group programing
- Ensures maintenance of accurate records that are aligned with current practice guidelines and recorded within the patient chart
- Provides weekly encounter reports to PCN to meet PCI program accountability requirements
- Provides outcome reporting as directed\
In addition to the following requirements, the ideal candidate will be a team player motivated by providing deep meaningful care to a small community population by working collaboratively to support the patient’s long-term wellness requirements:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in community-based mental health service provision
- Registered Psychologists or Master of Social Work with psychosocial intervention
- Licensed with Professional regulatory body in Alberta
- Current CPR certification, current criminal record check & current valid driver’s licence
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative, comfortable working independently
- Committed to excellence and innovation
Some travel will be involved.
If you feel you are qualified for the above position, please submit your resume through Indeed.ca quoting "Psychologist" in the subject line.
Job Type: Part-time
- working in community based mental health provision: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- drivers licence with clean abstract (Required)
- Registered psychologist (Preferred)
- licensed with professional regulatory body in Alberta (Preferred)
- Master of Social work (Preferred)