Reports to: Junior Leader – Publications & Delivery
APS Aviation Inc. is currently seeking a ‘Publications Assistant’ to play a key role in our report publication process. The job involves a wide range of editorial and administrative responsibilities: formatting small to large reports as per internal standards, assisting with the timely production and delivery of technical reports (published on behalf of Transport Canada and the Federal Aviation
Administration) through efficient liaison with authors, peer reviewers, and production staff.
This job requires the person to be: meticulous, detail oriented, focused on quality, a fast learner, able to work independently and as part of a team, and have strong communication skills. The following tasks are general tasks for this position, however, they are not exclusive; other tasks may be required to provide additional team support:
- Ensuring written project deliverables (technical reports) meet company and client quality standards. This task includes formatting in Microsoft Word, completing editorial reviews, and packaging documents (written by technical writers) according to an internal company standard form and style.
- Providing administrative and coordination support to the Junior Leader and other staff members as requested.
- Performing general administration tasks for projects (filing, completing purchase orders, human resource activities, etc.).
- Flexibility to take on new tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications for this position:
- Minimum post-secondary education (secretarial studies, CEGEP).
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role (the candidate will be trained thoroughly on specific job duties); technical writing or document editing experience is a strong asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Language(s) required: English; French is an asset.
- Meticulous, detail oriented, and focused on quality and accuracy; fast learner and able to work independently and as part of a team.
This is an entry-level full time permanent position with 37.5 hours weekly. We also have a part time position open with flexible hours (up to 20 hours). The salary will range from $19/hr to $21/hr and will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and a cover letter describing why you think you are a good fit for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible language requirement:
Application deadline: 2022-07-08