Hours of Work:
Time of Day:
Shift Length:Open Date::
This position provides administrative support services for the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) as the front desk receptionist. The incumbent greets and registers clients, schedules client appointments, and performs general administrative duties. The incumbent ensures all related duties and responsibilities adhere to the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of a two-year College diploma in Medical Office Administration
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing administrative support within a busy, multidisciplinary Mental Health Care facility, with demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Intermediate level of skill in MSWord, MSExcel and PowerPoint
- Medical terminology certificate, with focus on psychiatric terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to perform well as a contributing member of a team
vGood organization skills, with ability to set own priorities and work with minimal supervision
- Maintain excellent interpersonal relationships while handling multiple tasks, frequent interruptions and stressful situations
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of Service, Responsible Stewardship, Community Responsiveness and Respect
- Good work performance and attendance record is essential
HOURS OF WORK:
- Provides reception for the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Clinic, handling incoming phone calls/emails, inquiries and visitors.
- Registers clients, ensuring that all pertinent client data is entered in the medical information system accurately and efficiently.
- Triages all incoming calls, answering immediate concerns and referring other calls as required.
- Triages all incoming emails, responding when appropriate and redirected when required.
- Schedules client appointments and makes telephone reminder calls for next day appointments.
- Ensures all supplies required by the program are adequately stocked and re-ordered and maintenance work orders are monitored and handled in a timely manner.
- Remains alert regarding client, patient and family activity and ensures that work area is maintained in a safe, organized and presentable way at all times.
- Responsible for collection of completed pre and post assessment questionnaires.
- Provides support to other administrative support staff as required and assists with other activities assigned by the Manager.
$24.07... $25.11... $26.16
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.