Care Connect is a disability service organization based in Alberta, Canada.
We are hiring a Part-Time Bookkeeper reporting to the CEO. We are looking for a fun spirited individual that takes pride in what they do and keeps a light heart and a positive attitude while enjoying working in a small Company environment.
Responsible for all aspects of daily accounting procedures for small business including Book Keeping, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Data Entry for inventory as well as monthly bank account reconciliation.
Please read both job duties as we are looking for an individual who is competent at both.
Bookkeeper Job Duties:
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Completes company payroll semi-monthly
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising General Management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications:
- Developing Standards, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, Quickbooks and Quickbooks Online, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $23.50 to $24.50 /hour
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
- Stony Plain, AB (Preferred)