Our family is constantly growing and we’re looking for new members.
Every job at Acden is a big job and we know just how important each individual contribution is. That’s why we want you to feel valued. We provide competitive industry salaries and a comprehensive benefit plan to prove to our employees that it’s not just about our success, it’s about yours too. Want to take a step up?
Heavy Equipment Technician
Competition #: AF-2019-034
Acden Facilities is currently accepting applications for two (2) full-time Journeyperson/Red Seal
Heavy Equipment Technician to support their Oil Sands client. These positions are located at CNRL Horizon and CNUL Albian sites with both flights and camp accommodations to be provided. Flight hubs are located in Edmonton, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta. These night shift positions will consist of 7 on and 7 off; covering 84 hours per shift rotation. Please note: hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational requirements.
Special Requirement: Please list all training and certifications on your resume and be specific about how you meet the position qualifications. Ensure that you submit copies of all training certifications/tickets with your resume.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of heavy equipment diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Complete routine self-generated work, and daily work order requests for repairs and service.
- Complete estimates, required invoicing, along with maintaining accurate reporting and documentation on work that is performed.
- Interaction with 3rd party customers as required.
- Mentor and provide sufficient training with apprentices as required.
- Respond to emergencies when required.
- All workers have the obligation to refuse unsafe work and to report all unsafe and near miss conditions immediately.
- Actively participate in the shop safety program and maintain strict adherence to OH&S guidelines.
- Perform duties as they may arise that would fulfill the mandate of providing complete facilities operations and maintenance.
- Alberta Certified Journeyman or Inter-provincial Red Seal in Heavy Equipment Trade in good standing.
- Experienced with four-wheel drive is required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and sensitive to issues of confidentiality and compliance.
- Ability to complete all work in compliance with Alberta legislation, regulations and site policies and procedures.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, climbing and awkward positions as well as carrying of heavy materials. Ensure Personal Protect Equipment (PPE) is used as required.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Audiometric and Physical Abilities Testing tests.
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or OSSA BSO, or combination of CSTS-09 & OSSA Regional Orientations certificates are required.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence with clean 5-year history driver’s abstract obtained within 30 days.
- You must submit at the time of application, a 5-year Driver’s Abstract that is not more than 30 days old. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application.
- Eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Willingness to remain Clean Shaven for safety requirements.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Night shift premium.
- Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long-term disability and life insurance).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out
- working on four-wheel drives: 1 year (Preferred)
- Heavy Equipment Technician: 4 years (Required)
- Eligible to work on all Oilsands sites in the region (Preferred)
- Alberta Journeyperson or Red Seal Heavy Equipment Trade (Required)
- Are you willing to work night shifts (Required)
- CSO or OSSA BSO or combination of CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional (Preferred)
- Minimum Class 5 Operators Licence (Preferred)
- Willingness to remain clean shaven (Required)