Chorley + Bisset Ltd. is a leading Mechanical and Electrical Consulting Engineering firm active in Health Care, Institutional, Industrial and Commercial building projects for more than 45 years throughout Ontario. We have a staff of 40. We are located in downtown London Ontario, with a satellite office in Ottawa.
We have an immediate opening for a Technical Writer/Marketing Specialist. The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Technical writing and preparation of marketing materials in response to construction RFPs (Request for Proposal)
- Creation of a Marketing Strategy for the firm
- Preparation of project specifications for construction projects
- Editing and finishing technical reports
- Preparation of marketing material for the firm, including updates for our company website, advertisements, promotional material, etc.
Education and Professional Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree in Technical Writing is preferred. Marketing/Communications or Business degrees also an asset
- Superior written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Powerpoint is required. Proficiency in Illustrator, web design would be an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, manage competing tasks and excel at meeting urgent deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate successfully in a team environment
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with external clients
Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications. We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, and for the right individuals, the opportunity to become a shareholder in an employee owned firm.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)