TLC Laser Eye Centre is looking for an MDR Technician. If you are motivated by the opportunity to change people's lives by offering an amazing service and the chance of building your career with a leading, highly engaged and dynamic company, then what are you waiting for? Join our team today!
Your mission as a Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) Technician at TLC
The MDR Technician performs duties related to the decontamination, inspection, testing, assembly, packaging, wrapping, and sterilization of the clinic instruments to be reprocessed in relation to the procedures/surgeries at TLC. Performs designated cleaning duties, restocks shelves, cupboards and carts according to established written policies/procedures. The MDR Technician is responsible for maintaining, testing and keeping records of sterilization tests (Bowie-Dicks, BI's, etc.) and regular maintenance and testing of the Ultrasonic.
- Receives, sorts, disassembles, decontaminates, cleans, assembles, wraps, sterilizes and stores instruments according to policies and procedures.
- Keeps records of items sterile loads and accurately completes sterilization log records.
- Operates departmental equipment such as the Ultrasonic and sterilizers.
- Does routine maintenance of MDR equipment by cleaning, checking and testing sterilizers and the Ultrasonic.
- Prepares instruments and supplies for storage and distribution by checking, assembling, packaging, wrapping and sterilizing according to established policies.
- Reports and/or removes any malfunctioning equipment or damaged instruments.
- Rotates stock (FIFO) and reprocesses outdated supplies according to clinic procedures.
- Cleans surfaces and storage areas required.
- Reassure patient during the procedure as needed.
- Any other tasks as required by the Centre Director or management team
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English to work collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize the work flow as needed.
- Ability to operate related equipment in MDR.
- Must have an eye for detail and good judgment skills, and always be alert.
- Interest in the health services field and comfort with medical procedures as well as close contact with others.
Qualifications: Education & Experience
- Successful completion of a recognized Sterile Processing Technician Certificate Program, Medical Device Reprocessing Technician course (MDRT).
- Recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (E.G. Medical Device Reprocessing Theory, CMDRT or IACHSMM certification would be an asset).
- Experience and training completed on the BRAVO.
- Experience in a medical practitioner’s office, customer service and/or patient care or other medical administrative experience is an asset.
This is a permanent part time (casual) position, approximately 1 day / week. A competitive compensation is offered and includes fringe benefits. The selected candidate may also be cross-trained in other clinical positions. A full training is given to all new hires.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- Sterile Processing Technician Certificate Program, MDRT (Required)