The successful Business Analyst will work with multiple stakeholders to generate Homebuilding software requirements, document functional specifications, and develop user stories to guide our application development team for our ERP software products.
Reporting into our Markham ON head office, the Business Analyst’s responsibilities include:
1. Self-motivated to stay current in customer use cases and for ensuring R&D understands them.
2. Through verbal and written interactions with customers, demonstrates deep caring about user experiences, implementations, what customers are trying to achieve, and ongoing operational success.
3. Describes use cases, business benefits, and writes functional specifications that are thorough and easy to understand.
4. Works closely with customers and cross-departmentally to triage issues and present material in handoff meetings.
5. Supports program management to ensure that deliveries are described best for customers and promotes the value Constellation delivers.
6. Supports program management in ensuring the product release and bug tracking process is followed with the associated reporting.
7. Works with developers on high-level workflows, detailed specifications, reproduction steps, wireframes, report layouts, proof of concepts and user interfaces.
8. Works with the quality assurance team to ensure enough coverage of test cases, test case authoring and execution as required, and coordinating software delivery into the QA pipeline.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
· Doing work that has a direct impact on customers and an industry
· Working with a team of confident, self-starting, and persistent people with visible passion
· Opportunity to work outside of one’s comfort zone and within the thrill of a fast-paced environment
· Corporate bonus program
· Excellent health and dental insurance benefits
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Business analysis/software design experience
· Customer orientation with outstanding English written, verbal, and listening skills
· Ability to effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design-rationale
· Responsive team player, that’s quick learning, smart working, and self-motivated.
· Ability to prioritize and manage work to publicly committed timelines in a fast-paced environment
· Rigorous attention to detail
· Experience with Homebuilding or Construction software is strongly preferred
Application deadline: 2021-09-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
All staff are working from home during COVID-19
- Do you have prior experience with using Homebuilding and/or construction software?
- Are you able to consistently work the standard working hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm Eastern Daylight time?