Job title :
COORDINATOR, NETWORK PROJECTS
KELOWNA WAREHOUSE (REIDS)
TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a Term Specific Full Time Coordinator, Network Projects to join our team at our Information Management Information Technology – Technology Architecture & Information Security Team at our Reid’s Corner office in Kelowna! This is an excellent opportunity for someone that is looking for a technology leadership career in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. This Term Specific Full Time position is until the return of the incumbent.
We are seeking an applicant with solid experience coordinating network and telecommunication activities and with good understanding of the scope of network projects. Someone who is able to work in collaboration with other team members and is able to apply his/her good technical skills.
About the Role:
The Network Projects Coordinator performs a variety of duties to assist in the operation of the Networks and Telecommunications group, including: managing, defining, budgeting, and scheduling projects; managing staff; creating standards and documentation; and training staff on standard processes. The Coordinator serves as a resource to Directors, Managers, and staff from IMIT and Facilities Development regarding Networks and Telecommunications.
Some Key Duties may include:
1. Supervises staff and contractors assigned to work on projects, construction, moves, and installations under the direction of the Manager, Networks and Telecommunications.
2. Assists with the development of procedural documentation for Networks and Telecommunications, Field Support Services, and Service Desk.
3. Liaises with Project Managers to ensure that Networks and Telecommunications’ needs relating to projects are specified and met correctly.
4. Ensures that tasks are finished correctly and on time for completion of projects impacting Networks and Telecommunications. Monitors task management systems.
5. Plans tasks relating to Networks and Telecommunications associated with projects which impact the department and directs assigned staff for the duration of the project.
6. Coordinates project tasks as required; meets with managers to review current methodologies; identifies resource requirements; identifies project milestones and deliverables; performs feasibility studies and cost/benefits analyses; conducts project planning; and maintains project documentation, evaluation criteria, and authorizations.
7. Inspects and subsequently accepts or rejects work performed during projects by staff and contractors to ensure Interior Health standards and specifications are followed. Works with staff, consultants, and contractors to develop remedies, as required.
8. Creates estimates and budgets, monitors expenses, conducts variance analyses, and prepares relevant reports for projects impacting Network and Telecommunications.
9. Selects, directs, evaluates, coaches, assists, and, when necessary, disciplines staff and contractors assigned or seconded to relevant project work as needed.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science.
- Five years of recent, related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self/Cultural Agility – self-awareness, demonstrates character; noticing and adapting to cultural uniqueness to create a sense of safety for all.
- Engages Others/Empathy – communicates effectively; listens with heart rather than reacting
- Achieves Results/Process Orientation – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results, follows culturally respectful processes that also produce results
- Develops Coalitions/Building a Trust-Based Relationship – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service, participating in open exchanges of experiences and culture
- System Transformation/Credible Champion – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change, remains self-aware and maintains effective relationships, shows courage and conviction in advocating for change for the betterment of Aboriginal people.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Detailed understanding of the function, process, and integration of network and telecommuni-cations technology in a large, multi-facility environment under significant cost pressures and accelerated timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, organize work, implement, monitor, and problem solve.
- Ability to work with financial estimating and budget controls.
- Must have a BC Driver’s license.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.