Stepping Stones Day Care is seeking Early Childhood Educators to join our team to fill two full time positions.
Stepping Stones Educators understand and incorporate healthy, safe, nurturing and responsive daily interactions with all children. Our Educators embrace their responsibility to encourage each child's self-awareness, competence, self-worth, resiliency and physical well-being.
Our program includes an Early Childhood Program for children ages 12 months – 5 years and School- Age Programs for 5 – 12-year-olds in various locations throughout the city.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan and perform effective child development programming to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child.
* Ensure routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt and consistent with good child development principles including: physical, social, emotional and cognitive domains.
* Ensure children’s safety through constant supervision and effective organization of childcare classroom.
* Create a pleasant, welcoming classroom environment in which children feel comfortable and secure.
* Provide experiences that promote individual self-expression in conversation, imaginative play and creativity.
* Ensure records are accurate and complete when required.
* Work as a member of Stepping Stones team to ensure continuity of a high standard of quality in all childcare classrooms.
* Interactions with children are filled with engaging; meaningful; fun and play based experiences. Ie. Play on the floor, be responsive and respectful.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
· Minimum Level 1 Early Childhood Education
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong sense of responsibility and dependability
· Physically able to perform the job of a teacher of young children
· Warm, supportive attitude toward children
· Must be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to changes in the program
· Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
· Childcare First Aid with CPR/AED
· Knowledge of Child Care Licensing Regulations
HOURS OF WORK:
Full-time hours: Monday - Friday, 7.5 - 8 hours per day
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: Discussed at interview
Why work with Stepping Stones Society?
· Employer covers 50% of Health Benefits
· Support to further Early Childhood Education
If you are looking for a stable employer who encourages personal growth and development, we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply with resume and cover letter to this ad.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Are you currently a resident of Grande Prairie, Alberta and area?
- Child care in Daycare setting: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person