Black Diamond rents and sells modular space solutions and workforce accommodation solutions to customers in Canada, the United States and Australia. In North America, we also provide specialized field rentals to oil and gas industries. We serve diverse sectors including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government, and education.
Since our humble beginnings as a small operation in 2003, we’ve grown to encompass four separate business units and earned a world-class reputation, and a track record of over-delivering on promises.
We offer a career, not a job in an environment known for strength, flexibility, and brilliance. Like a diamond, we look for people who will grow stronger and shine brighter in a fast pace and challenging environment.
We have a full-time position for a Project Manager (EPM Implementation) in Calgary, AB.
The role of the Project Manager is to manage the implementation of an Enterprise Performance Management (“EPM”) system at Black Diamond Group. The contract will start in early November 2019, and end May 2020 (approximately 25 weeks).
The ideal candidate will be a PMP, with full-cycle ERP (Financial & Accounting Modules) and/or EPM implementation experience in a Project Manager capacity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of the EPM with implementation consultant, required stakeholders and business units across the organization;
- Work with the implementation consultant to manage Implementation kick-off meetings, requirements, discussions and status meetings with clients;
- Work with the implementation consultant to map business processes against the software to determine areas of customization;
- Manage single project through final implementation and post-project assessment. Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes;
- Prepare project plan while managing project scope, schedule, risks and issues for the successful delivery of the project while ensuring plans are realistic and can be followed;
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner;
- Track and report progress to required stakeholders;
- Facilitate project meetings addressing issues, following-up on deliverables and provide timely status updates;
- Identify required resources, develop milestones, capture detailed task plans, monitor performance against the project plan, while escalating risks and issues, and resolving operational problems;
- Manage stakeholder expectations, anticipating possible issues and communicating turnaround times with reasonable delivery dates;
- Develop documented business requirements, functional requirements/specifications, interface requirements, data conversion requirements, implementation requirements, use cases, and design documentation;
- Continuously review the resource plan and schedule of project implementation;
- Notify management of any issues or target-date dependencies.
- PMP designation required;
- Previous experience as a Project Manager for an EPM and/or ERP (Finance & Accounting Module) implementation;
- Experience with Oracle EPM preferred;
- Experience integrating an EPM with SAP Business One an asset but not required;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to influence and manage expectations effectively.
For more information, please visit www.BlackDiamondGroup.com
Black Diamond Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- EPM Project Management Implementation: 1 year (Preferred)
- ERP (Finance & Accounting Module) Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)