TWI acts as a sub-contractor, supplying a skilled workforce to the industrial, infrastructure, and civil construction sectors in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We supply construction craft workers, including apprentices, journey-persons, foremen, and superintendents in all compulsory and non-compulsory trades.
Our construction crews and site supervisors work with several top tier construction companies in Western Canada. We have a strong passion for quality throughout our workforce. Our workers are highly trained, and we maintain a high level of competency by fostering continued education.
We are currently recruiting for a Crane/ Side Boom Operator to work on a project in Hardisty, AB.
If you are a JM Mobile Crane Operator who can operator RT Mobile Cranes and you can meet the following requirements – apply now!
Possesses the ability to service and operate the hoist and swing equipment used to move machinery, materials and other large objects along with side boom exp.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise Apprentices assigned to crew.
- Inspect and/or supervise hydraulic mobile performance.
- Operate the hydraulic mobile unit when working around high voltage equipment.
- Calculate main boom capacities
- Calculate jib capacities
- Calculate lift capacities
- Determine hydraulic mobile configuration
- Determine what wire ropes are to be used in hoisting
- Able to perform reeving and lacing.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Read load charts
- Describe the construction, types and functions of wire rope for rigging and equipment accessories
- Demonstrate proper procedures for reeving and lacing load blocks
PPE Minimum Requirements:
- Safety Toed Boots - w/six inch (CSA Class 1 footwear)
- Hearing protection (where required)
- Workers must be clean shaven
- **No hoods permitted on site**
Safety Training Minimum Requirements
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS (meets GHS requirements)
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- OSSA Confined Space Entry/ Confined Space Monitor
- Minimum 3 years INDUSTRIAL experience
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Successful candidates will be required to complete:
- Pre-access Drug and Alcohol test
- Competitive wages (as per CLAC collective agreement)
- Group insurance benefits, pension & RRSP program (as per CLAC collective agreement)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Safe working environment
If you want to work with a dynamic team and build your future, APPLY NOW!
Job Type: Contract
- Crane Operator/Side Boom: 3 years (Required)