We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team to cover a maternity leave. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion and a desire to contribute to our not-for-profit organization, helping people in need in our local community and beyond. Administration experience is essential, as is the ability to communicate, collaborate and multitask in a fast-paced environment where the unexpected can happen at any time – and probably will! The ideal candidate will be highly organized and self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking, making decisions on the fly, and working in a collaborative team environment.
Excellent computer skills are essential especially MS Word, Excel & Publisher.
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Executive Director, is responsible for the successful day to day operations of CHSN according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors, all the while acting as an advocate for the corporation’s mission statement.
Primary Responsibilities – (may include other duties as assigned by the CHSN Executive Director)
Support Activities -
- assist with Office Coordinator duties as required
- assist with Food Bank Coordinator duties as required
- provide agendas, minutes and reports for Board committee meetings
- allocate volunteers where needed for fundraising and other activities
- act as spokesperson for CHSN, and establish good working relationships with the public, key stakeholders, business and community partners
- manage the “HUB” as follows:
a) ensure tenants’ needs are met and leases are renewed
b) ensure functionality of building (utilities, janitorial, grounds and supplies)
c) maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with legal regulations
- create, implement and manage communications and marketing activities for all fundraising and publicity events
Part-time position to cover maternity leave, initially 6 month contract, may be extended.
16 hours a week, core hours:
Monday - Weds 9am - 1pm,
Thursday 12:30pm - 4:30pm
Alternate Fridays 12pm - 3pm.
Flexibility required to accommodate planned meetings and fundraising commitments.
Please send resume and cover letter by Friday November 13th 2020.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 16 - 19 per week
Application Deadline: 2020-11-13
Expected Start Date: 2020-11-30
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Health Unit approved measure are in place to ensure safety and wellbeing staff, volunteers and clients.
- Administration/customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors