We are currently looking to hire experienced transcriptionists with 3-5 years experience.
A minimum of 5 years of verifiable transcription experience is needed for this role.
This job involves the ability to type and/or audio transcripts.
Strong English and typing skills (minimum 80 words per minute) are a must.
We are searching for a detail-oriented and trustworthy Transcriber to join our team. The Transcriber’s responsibilities include creating accurate written versions of audio and video recordings, reviewing and editing transcriptions done by speech recognition software, and identifying any inconsistencies. You should have a good typing speed and superb attention to detail and be able to keep all sensitive information confidential.
To be successful as a Transcriber, you should be disciplined and have excellent listening skills. Outstanding candidates have superb reading and editing skills as well as the ability to focus for long periods.
Job Duties & Expectations
· Typing verbatim transcripts of WPM 80+ (please provide your WPM in your application)
· Minimum of 3-5 years solid transcription experience is required.
· Understanding client specifications and noting any formatting or notation requests prior to completing the transcription.
· Completing transcriptions in a timely manner and reviewing drafts for any spelling, grammar, or formatting errors, as well as other inconsistencies.
· Adhering to all confidential guidelines and respecting sensitive information.
· Communicating with the client or supervisor when there are issues.
· Submitting completed drafts to clients and correcting any errors as per their feedback.
· Keeping typing skills sharp by completing regular typing drills.
· Holding all third-party (client) information in the strictest confidentiality
· Reviewing completed work to identify potential areas of self-improvement
Please submit a resume and cover letter through Indeed. Please note that Transcription Canada does not accept emailed, in-person, or applications via phone.
Transcription Canada thanks all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly. Transcription Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will make our best efforts to provide accommodations for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- transcription: 3 years (required)