WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, ON. The Company also operates CX Industries, a wholly-owned subsidiary of WeedMD Inc. CX operates out of the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario production facility which specializes in cannabis extraction and processing. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where WeedMD’s adult-use brand Color Cannabis is sold.
The Office Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing all administrative support and office services for the London Office. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, reception duties, finance administration, shipping and receiving, contract management, supplies and stationery, health regulations, and general troubleshooting. The Office Manager will also be responsible for the safety requirements of the organization’s facilities and assets.
- Coordinate departmental programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Answer and manage inbound telephone inquiries.
- Arrange and attend executive team meetings; take, distribute, and archive meeting minutes and/or diaries.
- Support executive with basic administrative tasks, such as expense reporting, calendar management, etc.
- Arrange travel accommodations for key personnel for required business trips in an economical and timely fashion, including hotel bookings, car rentals, and so on.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery, general office supplies, office furniture, and other equipment.
- Coordinate office seating arrangements for business units and assign desks, phones, and other assets as necessary.
- Assist in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and alarm codes for approved personnel.
- Negotiate contracts and service level agreements for third party suppliers and/or service providers.
- Manage janitorial, cleaning, repair, and maintenance service provider contracts and service level agreements.
- Coordinate and implement company-wide social events.
- Provide support to the finance team and other executives working out of the London Office.
- Ensure the office facilities follow safety regulations, such as local fire codes, handicap access, other laws.
- Communicate the organizations safety policies in accordance with applicable federal safety standards and local laws.
- Collaborate with inventory planning personnel to minimize shortages and improve inventory holdings.
- Monitor inbound/outbound shipping and receiving.
- College Diploma in Office Administration preferred. University degree considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an office management or facility management capacity.
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures involving procurement, travel, and budget management.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse, and transportation management.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Experience in managing third-party service providers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management.
- Knowledge of local and federal regulations and ordinances.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- First Aid certificate considered an asset.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Office Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)