MErai description: MErai is a Canadian for-profit educational organization created by students to aid other students in learning various subjects by problem-solving together. It aims to improve the quality of education among youths, which has been adversely affected by the global pandemic as of 2020.
We are recruiting peer tutors that can tutor the following subjects: French, English, Math, Science, and business studies from grade 9 up to grade 12.
Grade 12 and university students are responsible for helping grade 9 to 12 students. Grade 11 students are responsible for grade 9 and 10 students, and grade 10s are only eligible to tutor grade 9 students.
Tutoring will be done on a fixed day, at a fixed time, for 1 hour on zoom, and there will be no more than 4 students per tutor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- A flexible schedule
- Tutor experience is not a requirement but would be considered an asset
- Able to tutor using English. Fluency in other languages would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary and high school students that are grade 10 and up
Salary & Benefits:
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Students will pay $15 or $10 if they sign up with friends. Tutors will get 50% of the earnings plus one Merai hoodie.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour