Innovation Engineering Group is a growing manufacturing firm that has been around for over 13 years creating quality products and solutions. IEG is seeking to expand its product lines and increase production with simple and effective in-house solutions and innovative ideas.
We are currently looking for a junior Mechanic to assist in the creation of new equipment and maintain existing equipment. This position if for a full work from Monday to Friday. Must be available to work on weekends a few times a year for special projects and machine repairs during plant downtime.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain, and repair equipment in the Plant such as small conveyors, packaging equipment and assembly equipment.
- Modify and fabricate equipment to fit new production requirements or solve production and/or safety issues.
- Perform required maintenance on equipment
- Will maintain all of the necessary records to support maintenance program.
- Will carry out regular inventory control procedures and advise Supervisor when parts need to be ordered.
- Assist contractors and subcontractors with major repairs or overhauls and with new equipment installations as required.
- Work with sketches, and technical drawings.
- Perform cutting, grinding, fabricating and some welding as required.
- Operate mobile equipment as required in the performance of job duties.
- Complete daily housekeeping assignments.
- Constantly monitor plant equipment when in process to pin point problems before they arise.
- Fill out maintenance log sheet.
- Help in manufacturing during production peaks.
- Train workers on best practices for new equipment.
- Some infrequent weekend work will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical or related technical training or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, etc. are a definite asset for this position.
- At least one year experience in a manufacturing, mechanical or related industry .
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability.
- Must be well organized.
- Good English and/or French communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
If you love to troubleshoot issues, solve problems and help create new inventions. If you’re meticulous and detailed oriented. If you prefer to be working with a wrench on a machine than with a pen at a desk. If you’re interested in being part of a growing team where you feel like a valued contributor not just a number, then this is the job for you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Gatineau, QC (Required)
- French (Preferred)