Sturgeon Public School Division Central Services, located in Morinville, AB. is currently seeking a Home Visit Facilitator to provide a range of supports to families within Sturgeon County.
Sturgeon Public School Division is looking for an energetic, creative and detail-oriented individual to provide in-home support with behavior, communication and daily living skills. As a Home Facilitator you will be part of a talented transdisciplinary team working with school aged children and families. You will work with the family to provide support in natural routines.
- Develop a trusting relationship with families
- Work collaboratively and provide support to target goals identified as priorities by the family
- Collaborate with Clinical Consultants in a transdisciplinary model
- Provide support, strategies and collaboratively problem solve with families as directed by Clinicians
- Consult to families in both home and school environments
- Maintain records and documentation as required by Program Coordinator
- Connect families with community resources
- Participate in ongoing staff development
- Manage a caseload of families as assigned by Program Coordinator
- Conduct home visits based on family need and Clinician recommendation
- Monitor progress and coordinate programs to make sure families needs are met
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
2 year minimum Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood, BA/BS in Psychology or equivalent * A minimum two years' experience in the related field * Strong and extensive experience with Autism and Social Emotional Behavior Disorders * Must be proficient in written and oral skills * Strong advocacy skills * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills * Creative problem solver and team player * Strong leadership * Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings (until 7:00 pm) and possibly weekends * Must have a valid driver's license, access to vehicle and willingness to travel to different locations throughout Sturgeon County
The Sturgeon Public School Division offers a competitive salary range from $28.96 - $37.15 per hour based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive benefits package as per the General Employment Conditions. Hours of work are 20 hrs/week with some evening and weekends required. This position will continue through the summer months based on the needs of the families.
Please note that all new employees to Sturgeon Public School Division are required to provide a recent (6 months current) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector included (from your local RCMP station) and a Child Intervention Check prior to the commencement of employment.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $28.96 to $37.15 /hour
- Home Visit Facilitator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)