ALZHEIMER GROUPE (A.G.I.) offers therapeutic programs to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Additionally, AGI provides support services to families and professional caregivers, focusing on best practices in dementia care, while sensitizing the community at large through education and awareness
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Education/Outreach Coordinator will be responsible to develop and deliver education programs that increases awareness of dementia and facilitate dementia-specific training that addresses the needs of this population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver dynamic and interactive workshops and educational courses for target audiences including family caregivers, volunteers, communications organizations, students, healthcare professionals
- Research new advances in dementia care and prevention around the world and share with the team
- Identify possible speakers for future conferences and lectures
- Coordinate the Lindsay lecture series (Montreal & West Island)
- Community outreach for speaking engagements to sensitize the public about dementia
- Seek out new training opportunities in private residences, etc.
- Develop online education tools (i.e. Webinars) for AGI’s website/social media page
- Liaise with the interdisciplinary staff to identify current needs of the population
- Liaise with other community agencies/health care practitioners
- Respond to incoming referrals exploring the nature of the call, e.g. presenting problem, request for service, precipitating factors
- Assist in the Activity Centre on an as-needed basis
- Represent AGI at Community Events (kiosks)
- Responsible for the Ambassador program
- Act as a resource to those in the community on dementia related resources
- Fulfil any administrative duties related to their position including completing statistics, referral forms, writing reports, participate in meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in French and English is a necessity
- University degree/diploma in a health related field (LPN, RN) Education or Social Work
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with people with dementia and/or their families and health care providers
- Knowledge of Alzheimer disease and other dementias and the impact that it has on the individuals/families
- Excellent teaching, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are a requirement of this position.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to integrate and collaborate well with other professionals
- Strong ethical standards and a respect for client confidentiality
- Knowledge of the Quebec healthcare system and community organizations
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Job Type: 5 days/week, Location: AGI Mtl and AGI West, off site (work hours may vary depending on clients’ needs)
Salary: $36 000-$48 000 (depending on experience)
Closing Date: Friday, October 11, 2019
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year