- Set-up, operate, repair & maintain circular knitting machines;
- Threads yarn through guides, tension springs, stop-motion devices, and yarn carrier, needles, using hook or other tools;
- Observes knitting to detect yarn breaks, used up yarn packages, and knitting defects;
- Correct knitting defects and perform Quality checks as per error indicated;
- Ties broken yarn ends, replaces used yarn packages;
- Clean, oil, lubricate machines as appropriate;
- Quality assurance checks;
- Changing needles, sinkers, pins and bobbins .
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous manufacturing experience an asset;
- Basic Computer literacy and willingness to learn;
- Team player and reliable;
- Ability to perform moderate lifting;
- Great work ethic, attitude, and attendance
- Good eye for detail and manual dexterity.
- Ability to produce quality products
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good listener, Quick learner, Positive outlook.
- Ability to work in rotating shifts .
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast changing environment.
- Work well under pressure.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off