Progressive Automations is one of the top manufacturers and distributors of linear actuators and home/office automation (see Progressive Desk and Progressive Bed subsidiary). We have over a decade of experience in the industry and are quickly growing. Our goal is to lead the industry in innovation while bringing you premium quality products at an affordable price. Our creative, energetic and innovative team has the experience of working together with different customers, from automation enthusiasts, hobbyists to large scale partners. We are constantly developing our skills and knowledge of the industry while we also make sure to have a bit of fun in life!
The Product Development Engineer, or internally known as a Junior R&D Engineer will work directly with the R&D Manager and the R&D Resale Team Lead to propose, develop, and launch new and updated products for Progressive Automations (PA). The ideal candidate for this role is a creative and detail-oriented engineer with a passion for technology, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to make independent decisions in line with the strategic vision of the PA division.
- Propose, source, and develop products and product upgrades to address market trends and customer needs.
- Product examples:
- linear actuators
- servo motors
- linear slides
- mounting and wiring accessories
- Produce technical datasheets, instruction manuals, and internal product education packages, facilitating seamless product understanding and usage.
- To determine market trends and customer needs:
- Fully understand current products.
- Review product feedback from customers.
- Work with customer-facing engineers and marketing team.
- Perform product failure analysis.
- Perform product testing to ensure products meet quality standards and validate technical specifications.
- Perform quality control inspections for new products, ensuring compliance with specifications.
- Work with Marketing and Logistics team to ensure timely and effective product transitions and launches.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Degree or technical diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, or a similar field of study
- SolidWorks, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Experience working with linear actuators, similar electromechanical devices, and control boxes.
- Experience working with ERP and project management software; familiarity with Asana is a plus.
- Experience with Arduino.
- Experience with supplier communication and vendor management.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary package
- In-office with opportunities for hybrid remote work (up to 2 days WFH)
- Vertical advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly growing company.
Visit our websites to learn more about us:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in working with Progressive Automations, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.