LOCATION: Guildford Seniors Village
This position is covered under the Single Site Order. Please note the wage is currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order. The displayed wage is therefore reflective of such initiative.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Support Services Manager and/or designate the SSW-Dietary provides all aspects of service in the dining room, resident lounges and room service for residents, guests and the public. Participates in food preparation and the maintenance of a safe, sanitary workplace.
Include but not limited to;
- Responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room, lounges and tray delivery to and pick up from suites. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events, room service etc. through table/tray presentation, preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of food under the direction of cook or designate.
- Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including clean up and setting of tables and the cleaning of the preparation and service areas; scrapes and stacks/racks dishes and when required returns them to storage.
- Practices and maintains established standards for proper cleanliness and sanitation required by the Health Department.
- Maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining, general dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents and the public.
- May be responsible for some or all tasks related to housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- “Food Safe” Certificate
- “Serving it Right” Certificate
- Two years’ experience in formal dining room service
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A good command of the English language, both oral and written skills
- Ability to take direction and learn procedures
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $20.97 per hour
- Are you able to complete and pass a vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check to obtain employment?
- formal dinning room: 2 years (preferred)
- Food Safe Certificate (preferred)
- Serving it Right Certificate (preferred)