Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
Lifeguards & Swim Instructors at the Granite Club are responsible for providing safe and effective supervision of members in and around the pool area, including prevention of accidents, and performance of first aid and water rescue when required.
- Provide safe and effective supervision of Members in and around the pool area, including prevention of accidents, performance of First Aid and water rescue as needed
- Provide safe and effective quality instruction of swim class as assigned
- Provide information and direction to members using the aquatics facility
- Opening or closing Aquatic Complex for the day (First Guard in or Closing Guard)
- Current National Lifeguard Service Award (NLS)
- Current Lifesaving Swim or Red Cross Water Safety Instructors Certification
- Current Standard CPR “C” and First Aid Certificates are required
- High Five (Principles of Healthy Child Development)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opportunity!