The Environmental Health Association of Quebec (ASEQ-EHAQ) is looking for a Research and statistical analyst, for a paid, fulltime internship starting from immediately until March 15, 2022.
The Environmental Health Association of Québec (ASEQ-EHAQ) is a non-profit, charitable organisation that aims to improve the well-being of individuals suffering from environmental sensitivities/multiple chemical sensitivity. We create projects that address social isolation, provide ecological solutions for everyday living and promote healthy lives. We currently have close to 2000 members from across Canada and around the world who benefit from and participate in our numerous projects and support and training services.
DS4Y Program Eligibility Criteria:
· Be between 15 and 31 years old at the beginning of the internship;
· Have completed post-secondary studies;
· Have the legal right to work in Canada;
· Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with refugee status in Canada;
· Not receive employment insurance (EI) during the internship;
· Self-assess as underemployed, that is, employed below their level of education or holding a part-time job.
The intern will be called upon to analyse and interpret survey data from the Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS) to design a statistical methodological framework to answer research questions related to multiple chemical sensitivity.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Perform a scoping literature review on the current understanding and gaps in knowledge on multiple chemical sensitivity in Canada
· Identify variables of interest in the CCHS in relation to the literature and the research question
· Design and establish an appropriate methodological statistical framework
· Clean, organise and manage quantitative survey data with the help of statistical software
· Code quantitative survey responses
· Perform descriptive and analytical data analyses
· Prepare the data for communication of articles, reports or presentations
· Participate in virtual research meetings
· Complete all other related tasks in relation to the initiation of the research project (ethics approval, government grant applications, etc.)
· Master’s degree or PhD degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or a related field
· Minimum of 1 year of academic or professional experience working with large health data and quantitative analysis
· Bilingualism in written and oral French and English
· Knowledge on the issues surrounding multiple chemical sensitivity (asset)
· Knowledge of the design and conduct of large health surveys (CCHS)
· Experience using statistical software to analyse quantitative data (SPSS, SAS, R)
· Access to IBM SPSS Statistics software (strong asset)
· Experience preparing grants with government organisations (CIHR, SSHRC, FRQS) (asset)
· Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint to analyse and present population health data
· 40-hours / week, $26 / hour, Remote work.
If you meet the requirements to fulfil this position, we encourage you to send your résumé and cover letter immediately, (including the weekend), to ASEQ-EHAQ
Contract length: 8 weeks
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $26.00 per hour