Lutherwood is dedicated to supporting communities where all children, youth, adults and families experience mental wellness, financial stability, and a safe place to live. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Candidates of all ethnicities, race, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities and beliefs are encouraged to apply.
There is one full-time permanent position available, starting September 1, 2020
working 37.5 hours per week.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for client inquiries and provides information regarding the services at Lutherwood.
- Provides a high level of customer service, administrative support and crisis intervention assistance including housing referrals, income support and other community resources to support clients, staff and programs throughout multiple locations.
YOUR TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to adhere to a high standards of confidentiality with respect to client information.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of office machines, such as computers, fax machines and photocopiers.
- An excellent knowledge of a variety of computer word processing and database packages, especially Microsoft Office is essential. Experience working with Microsoft Access and Excel is a definite asset.
- Fluency in Tigrinya or Arabic is an asset.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- A college certificate or diploma in Office Administration and/or minimum two years administrative experience or equivalent education/experience combination.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 w.p.m.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Work From Home