Bilingual Administrative Support (French & English)
The Administrative Support position reports to the Credit Manager and is primarily responsible for the initial setup and ongoing maintenance of the customer master accounts. This role is also responsible for preparing the daily cheque deposits and invoice mailings.
- Enter new customer account information into the ERP system in an accurate and standardized format.
- Fax or email requests for credit checks on new account applications.
- Update profile changes on customer account master.
- Setup access to website for new and existing customers.
- Track new credit application status and provide updates to Sales Professionals.
- Open cheque return envelopes and make backup copies of customer payments received.
- Balance and complete daily cheque deposits.
- Process daily mail within the credit department.
- Process daily credit card transactions.
- Distribute faxes received on the accounting fax.
- Investigate delivery address discrepancies.
- Maintain shared credit email inbox.
- Prepare customer invoices and statements for mailing.
- Assist with credit calls as required.
- Backfill positions to cover vacation and sick time as required.
- Complete various ad hoc projects as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior data entry or administrative experience is an asset.
- Strong computer literacy skills; experience using an ERP system is highly desirable.
- Experience using SAGE is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to speak French fluently.
Proven Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fast learner.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage within interruptions.
- Good communication skills – communicates with Credit, Accounts Payable, Finance/Accounting, Sales Professionals, Cross-functional Stakeholders, and Customers.
- Business casual office environment.
- Family atmosphere.
Job Type: Full-time
- Collections: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)