This is a 12-month mandate in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The mandate is under the Equality in Action Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP), which takes place in 14 countries and 3 regions over a seven-year period (2020-2027). The VCP aims to increase the involvement of local partners in developing countries in inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality. Oxfam's role is to support these organizations, working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people, to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam places the rights of women, girls, and vulnerable and marginalized people at the heart of everything it does.
Here's what your daily life will look like:
In close collaboration with Oxfam's in-country team members, your mandate will be to:
- Coordinate, plan, implement and monitor the activities of the VCP in Oxfam South Africa;
- Plan advocacy monthly activities;
- Manage all the administrative aspects of the VCP activities according to the internal procedures of Oxfam in South Africa;
- Coordinate the logistics and the activities of the VCP, and help with the preparation of all related meetings and events;
- Maintain and update the VCP’s archive, and any other informational and/or promotional materials for dissemination to different target audience;
- Support the drafting of OZAs’ progress reports, and draft VCP’s reports in compliance with monitoring procedures;
- Assist external monitoring and evaluation teams during their mission.
For this mandate you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada;
- Have university degree in project/program management, social science, political science, or other relevant fields;
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience in project management;
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of social movement building approaches and strategies;
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written (required);
- Speak at least one indigenous South African language (an asset);
- Master the Office Suite.
What we offer:
- Monthly allowance for living expenses
- Monthly amount for rent
- Round trip flight with 2 checked luggage
- 200$ CAD for additional luggage
- Advantageous medical insurance
- A volunteer support program during your mandate and up to two months after your return to Canada
- 20 days of vacation and other holidays
- Access to various training courses (E-Learning, etc.)
- A rewarding experience with a well-known and recognized organization
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy against any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud.
To do this, Oxfam will ensure recruiting people who demonstrate and embody the same values.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis. It is possible that this posting ends before the posted date. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
If you are interested in the mandate, please send your application (CV and cover letter in English) by clicking on the button below.