Arnprior Regional Health, less than 30 minutes northwest of Ottawa, is a multisite and integrated health service organization offering, acute, long-term care and community programs and services. Working by our values of Honesty, Accountability, Respect & Teamwork, this progressive 105-bed organization is now embarking on a new and expanded nursing home redevelopment project along with an increased focus on patient/resident/client engagement in pursuit of our vision – Together we will create a healthy community.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Information Management, we are seeking Temporary Part Time Screener(s) for approximately 20 hours per week to join our organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for a wide array of duties including but not limited to:
- Greet and screen all individuals as they enter the Hospital for risks, symptoms and signs of COVID-19
- Direct individuals as appropriate according to the outcome of the screening process
- Appropriately distribute PPE (Masks) to all individuals
- Ensure the individuals entering the site are following proper precautionary measures
- Perform other related duties as required
- Minimum completion of Grade 11
- Availability to work a variety of shifts (days, evenings, weekends)
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors and to sit for extended periods of time
- Willingness to wear protective apparel (mask, gloves and gowns)
- Demonstrated strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain highly confidential
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Sound judgment and conflict management skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with a variety of people in a team environment
This is a temporary position and may be ended with two weeks’ notice to the incumbent.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
If you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources to let us know how we may assist you.
Reference ID: NONU #2020-06
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
To keep our Screeners safe we have installed clear plastic barriers and provide all appropriate personal protective equipment as well as hand sanitizer.
- Hospital: 1 year (Preferred)