Do you have a passion for dogs and experience working with them?
Canine Kingdom is a daycare and boarding facility which runs on the trust put on us by people who love their four legged family members unconditionally. Dogs are brought to us knowing that we provide them with the love, fun and safe environment they deserve.
Who you are/ what you possess:
- Someone who has the ability to maintain a playgroup either on their own or assisted. This means keeping them calm, but playful, and clean.
- Able to lift 30-50lbs, and to be physically active your whole shift.
- Dependable.Working with live animals you must show up for your expected shifts and show up ready to work.
- Experienced,animal care and handling is very important, prior knowledge is ideal. The experience required is specific and beyond taking care of ones own pets or pet sitting for friends and family, we require professional experience.
- Patient, some dogs are noisy, some stubborn, some haven’t been taught certain things. You must be level headed and keep a calm atmosphere.
- Quick learning. Knowing dogs names, behaviors and owners is very beneficial for you and others working with you.
- Strong work ethic. You must take pride in your work, with cleaning standards set in place we must have people who are willing to work hard and well.
What you will do:
- Assist in checking in/out dogs, guiding them to correct play group.
- Prepare, administer, and sign off on feeding and medication instructions.
- Note any unusual behaviors or symptoms.
- Keep assigned group area clean of any wastes from dogs, spot cleaning as necessary.
- Ensure safe play among dogs, always paying attention to what is going on in the bay. (This means no phones)
- Follow cleaning duties set out by Shift Supervisor, signing off when complete. (Cleaning duties include, but are not limited to; sweeping, mopping, wiping, heavy lifting, dusting, laundry, scrubbing)
- Follow instruction as well as task guides.
This job is not about petting dogs all day. Our staff are constantly at work cleaning, monitoring, and growing client relationships, all of which create a positive experience for those involved. Shifts range from 6am to 9pm so a flexible schedule is a must. Weekends and holidays will be required as we have dogs in our care 365 days a year.
Please bring in a resume and a cover letter along with a dog fact or joke to be selected for review. The resume should include references and lists your past experience working in an open concept dog daycare/kennel. We will accept resumes at our reception from 10AM to 2PM from Monday to Friday. You must have previous experience working in a Dog Daycare or Kennel to be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Dog Daycare: 1 year (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)