Window and Door Installer
Envirotech Windows and Doors is looking for an experienced window and door glazier and installer to join our team.
We are passionate about what we do and we like to take on exciting projects that are unique and challenging. Architects and designers come up with some pretty amazing visuals and we enjoy figuring ways to find solutions that best fit our client’s needs. This often times pushes us out of our comfort zone and thus forces us to get better at what we do. If you can relate, this job will be a good fit for you.
Practical experience, excellent installation and sometimes strong analytical skills delivering best service on a daily basis. The installer performs applied technical expertise and exercises professional judgment in identifying and creating practical insights and action during the installation process. Has hands-on field service experience with windows and doors in both residential and commercial and is skillful with tools. Communicates on extremely prompt and professional level when challenges occur.
-Aluminum and fiberglass curtain wall fabrication and installation
-Residential PVC and Fiberglass windows
-Commercial glass wall and doors
- Read blueprints or work order specifications to determine layout and installation procedures
- Measure and mark guidelines to be used for installations
- Install doors and windows using hand and power tools
- Finish carpentry
- Prepare and clean up the work area as necessary
- Follow all health and safety procedures as necessary
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to work un-supervised
- Construction knowledge and carpentry experience is an asset
- Strong customer service skills are a must
- Experience with thinking on your feet and job site problem solving.
- 4+ years of experience installing windows and doors
- Experience with fiberglass, commercial aluminum and European thermal aluminum an asset.
- Secondary (high) school certificate or equivalent
- Able to work independently and/or comfortable managing crews
- Reliable, independent and organized
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fall arrest training or aerial lift truck knowledge is a strong asset.
- Clean criminal record
- Excellent communication skills (phone, email, reports)
- Attention to detail and carefulness to property/ possessions
- Flexible to perform service jobs when required
- Able to read and understand PO/ site measurements/ layout/ blueprint
- Provide photo report when required
- Follow detailed instructions
- Willing to work with others
- Comfortable driving a truck and trailer.
$20-$36 an hour dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $36.00 /hour
- Glazier and Install: 5 years (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Manitoba (Required)
- English (Required)