WHY WORK WITH GENESIS?
Genesis Fertility Centre is a boutique, physician owned and led fertility centre located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
At Genesis, we love our patients and our team. Our leadership team is comprised of doctors, embryologists and business leaders from leading academic & private centres around the globe. We are committed to providing our patients with the best science, outcomes and compassionate care.
We are equally committed to the growth and development of our team and are now searching for an energetic and innovative MDR Tech to work with us in our rapidly growing practice.
Since opening our doors in 1995, Genesis has grown to be a leader in reproductive technology. We offer a comprehensive range of assisted reproductive technologies, including IUI, IVF, ICSI, PGD, surgical sperm retrieval, cryopreservation, oocyte and sperm donation.
Our results—which are among the best in North America— speak to our commitment to research and innovation, our state-of-the-art embryology lab, and to our outstanding staff.
Overview: Department: Nursing
Shift Schedule: Varies, days only
To support the Vision, Values, Purpose and commitment of Genesis Fertility Centre and at all times be cognisant of the importance of patient safety. Reports to the Nurse Manager and ensures the provision of confidential administrative and clinical support for the purpose of maintaining accurate patient records and comprehensive patient care. Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia’s Non Hospital Medical Surgical Facilities Program .
As the Sterile Processing Technician you are responsible and accountable for providing direct support to the surgical/procedure rooms to facilitate the processing of patients. The SPT will act in accordance to provincial standards and scope of practice pertaining to the processing of surgical instruments and consumables for the various procedures. The SPT must possess the skills, knowledge and experience to evaluate and process instruments, prepare packs for the various procedures and maintain or ensure the maintenance of the sterilization equipment required to perform these tasks. The SPT must maintain accurate records of quality control and self-assessment as outlined by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. Possesses critical thinking and assessment skills. The SPT must demonstrate a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Decontamination, assembly and sterilization of all general instrumentation including specialty instruments used throughout the surgical facility.
- Decontaminates, inspects, assembles, sterilizes and distributes to appropriate areas, all surgical instrumentation, supplies, and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper methods of surgical instrument cleaning and decontamination.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper preparation and packaging for sterilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper methods of sterilization relevant to each type of instrumentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate disbursement of all sterilized instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Notifies Supervisor, or designee, of broken/missing instruments or equipment.
- Assists in the general orientation and training of all new personnel whenever applicable.
- Assists physician and RN's as needed
Education, Training and Experience*
Grade 12, successful completion of Sterile Supply Processing course, plus one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- MDR-Sterile processing technician certification required
- MOA certification considered an asset
- Knowledge of medical and surgical terminology.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Meticulous record keeping skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with electronic medical records systems and Microsoft products required.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Sterile Processing: 1 year (Required)
- Medical Office Assistant (Required)
- Sterile Processing(MDR) Certificate (Required)