LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
This position contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations by providing clerical and administrative support to lawyers, paraprofessionals and members of the Legal Administrative Services team.
Hours of work are from 9 am to 5 pm. Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs. We are currently working on a hybrid model with employees splitting their time between our office at 333 Bay Street and their home office.
At Fasken, success means:
- Having a strong client service approach – you’re ready, willing, and able to put our clients first and exceed their expectations
- Caring about one another – you possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build harmonious working relationships within your immediate team, across other departments in the firm, and the community
- Working collaboratively – you’re a self starter who values working in a collaborative team based environment
- Possessing exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Approaching your work with agility and the willingness to learn and utilise new technology
- Being adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while being organized and maintaining accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrating strong research, investigative and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgement to resolve issues
- Treating sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and diplomacy at all times
- Liaise with internal clients, lawyers and staff on various matters
- Submit conflict searches, open and close files
- Assist with updating client file lists
- Prepare cheque requests, submit expenses and third party invoices, assist with trust receipts and disbursements
- Maintaining client contact information (CRM)
- Handle incoming mail (quality check digitization), outgoing mail and save into the document management system
- Prepare courier packages/slips and coordinate with the Business Centre
- Assist with small copying and scanning jobs
- Proofread and assist with transferring dockets, as required
- Perform daily/monthly department credit card reconciliation.
- Assist with a variety of routine clerical, administrative tasks and special projects, as assigned
Litigation Specific Tasks
- Create and/or update ACL profiles
Business Law Specific Tasks
- Assist with off-title search letters and spreadsheets
- Prepare Notarial Certificates and copy/scan attachments
Required Knowledge and Experience
- College diploma specializing in Legal Office Administration.
- Minimum of one year of professional services environment or related experience, preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software programs including MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Legal Assistant Services.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. You can submit your application through our https://www.fasken.com/en/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.