Bilingual Residential Withdrawal Management Counselor
Internal and external posting
Casual positions available
The Residential Withdrawal Management Counselor (RWMC) is responsible for providing residential non-medical alcohol and drug withdrawal services to clients at the Ottawa Withdrawal Management Centre (OWMC). Services are provided to individuals under the influence of a substance, in active withdrawal or who are in need of a temporary admission due to a crisis which has placed them at high risk of relapsing. Clinical care, crisis intervention and support are given to clients and include initial screening, assessment, monitoring, provision of physical care as well as the formulation and documentation of a comprehensive care plan and discharge plan in collaboration with the client. The RWMC also facilitates individual and group counseling sessions and supports clients and their family members. The services are provided in compliance with the OWMC’s objectives and standards, with the Withdrawal Management Standards of Ontarioand the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards. Interested candidates should be available to work day, evening and night shifts, including weekends.
- Minimum requirement: College degree in Social Work, Addictions, Mental Health or Community services
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology or related field with an addiction concentration
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in the field of addictions and/or mental health (a combination of both will be preferred)
- Experience in intervention, interviewing and counseling with clients with addictions and/or mental health issues
- Knowledge of counseling techniques, approaches, and interventions currently used in the field of addictions and mental health
- Strong knowledge of withdrawal symptoms, to safely manage the physical, mental and emotional client needs related to withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs
- Knowledge of Champlain addictions services network in order to assist clients and their family members in accessing appropriate community resources
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- Effective client-centered communication
- Flexibility and approach based on clients’ needs
- Certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), CPR training, motivational interviewing, concurrent disorders treatment, are assets.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Compensation between $24,58/h and $27,44/h
- Be part of a multidisciplinary and dynamic team of experienced addictions and mental health professionals within a growing organization
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Please submit your résumé and a cover letter to Human Resources.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Montfort Renaissance, we are committed to fostering a healthy and accessible workplace. We therefore adhere to the principle of adaptation in the workplace. If you need accommodation, please contact us.
MRI is committed to the principles of employment equity in the workplace.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $24.58 to $27.44 /hour
- English (Required)
- French (Required)