$22.66 to $25.48 per hour
10 March 2021 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes (including issuing screening results, and sending invitations for interviews).
You will be required to show how you demonstrate the essential qualifications (i.e. Education, Experience and/or Occupational Certification) for the initial screening through your resume and in answering online screening questions. It is NOT sufficient to only state that the qualifications are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Rather you must clearly demonstrate HOW, WHEN, and WHERE the qualification was met through substantiation by examples.
Candidates from outside the federal public service will be required to pay for their own travel and relocation expenses.
- Interviews will be conducted.
- Reference checks will be conducted.
- A random or top down selection of candidates may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process
Intent of the process
This process will be used to staff term and indeterminate positions. It is our intention to communicate with candidates VIA E-MAIL and/or jobs.gc.ca site for screening and assessment purposes; this will include communication of screening results and invitations to written tests and interviews. To that end, candidates must include a valid e-mail address in their application. IT IS THE CANDIDATE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THIS ADDRESS IS FUNCTIONAL AND THAT IT ACCEPTS MESSAGES FROM UNKNOWN USERS (some e-mail systems block these types of e-mail). IT IS ALSO THE CANDIDATE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION IS PROVIDED AND UPDATED AS REQUIRED.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Successful completion of two years secondary school.
Hold a valid Class 1 Quebec driver’s license with “F”
and “M” endorsements or equivalent.
At hiring, candidates must provide an up-to-date driver/operator proficiency record from the SAAQ, failing which their appointment will not take place.
***Depending on the position being staffed, any of the experience qualifications below may be deemed as an essential qualification “must have” or an asset qualification “nice to have”
- Experience as a bus driver.
- Experience as a tractor trailer driver.
- Experience as a dump truck operator.
- Experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Thinking things through.
- Working effectively with others.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
A person may be appointed to the position even though he/she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications, operational requirements, or organizational needs. However, meeting these qualifications is desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed, now and in the future.
- Driving courses for heavy vehicles or Vocational Studies Diploma (VDS) in a related field.
- Air brake system endorsement.
- One year experience driving a 18,000-liter bowser truck or equivalent, for example, truck delivery of fuel or heating oil.
- One year experience driving a school bus.
- One year experience driving a deluxe coach.
- Experience in the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Defensive driving experience on an airfield.
- Experience with radio procedures on an airfield.
- Experience operating a bulldozer, pay loader and dump truck.
- Experience operating a grader.
- Experience operating a snowblower.
- Experience driving a runway sweeper.
- Experience in defensive driving on an airfield.
***Depending on the position being staffed, any of the operational requirement below may be deemed as required for the position:
- Candidates must be willing to work shifts.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends, as required.
- Candidates may be required to work overtime.
- Candidates may wear approved personal protective equipment as required.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
Conditions of employment
- Reliability Status security clearance;
- Mandatory medical examination.
- The successful candidate must obtain and maintain a military driver's permit (DND 404/FMT 600), which require possession of a valid Class 1 driver’s license with F and M endorsements issued by the province of Quebec or equivalent.
Candidates must meet and maintain the above Conditions of Employment throughout their employment.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.