At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Operations - Having just the vision is no solution, everything depends on execution. How each restaurant runs is a direct reflection of the amount of support and development provided by the Regional Manager:
- Drive all operational standards through all restaurants, through training, clear and timely direction and clear accountabilities across 3 locations typically.
- With other SIR resources, develop standards that work within Jack Astor's restaurants.
- Improve service through a combined effort of procedures (service package accountability).
- Ensure quality food by executing the established kitchen, and kitchen management, systems.
- Utilize available tools/systems to assist in evaluating each restaurant and elevating their performance, e.g, ticket times, service package expertise, server approach times, and management presence.
- Guide management team towards an environment that is Guest - focused.
- Maintain low levels of management turnover.
- Utilize time in each restaurant to observe, listen, and provide insight for the management teams.
- Be the liaison between the restaurants and the Support Centre to ensure effective communication and education.
People Development - The Regional Manager's ultimate responsibility is to be seen as the teacher, coach, mentor, confidant, and leader:
- Coach and develop GMs using a Development Plan and the Competency Model.
- Develop personnel from within the organization for all levels of management.
- Coach GMs on how to develop Development Plans for all managers.
- Create a strategic plan to ensure proper bench strength for all positions in the region.
- Formally evaluate GMs two times annually in a manner consistent with company goals, objectives, and results.
- Work with management to ensure HR policies, procedures, and requirements are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Ensure management development by establishing an open line of feedback, counseling, communication, recognition, and accountability that ensures growth. Feedback should occur formally and informally on a regular basis -- at least monthly.
- Assist managers in the identification and solution of all operational problems.
- Participate in the development and execution of ongoing formal and informal recognition of management and team members.
Sales and Profits - The primary goal is to build our business by increasing sales and profits annually. The Regional Manager provides the balance that ensures this result:
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales, guest count, and profit objectives.
- Responsible for accuracy/reasonability of daily and weekly sales estimates and labour schedules and for follow up on variance from estimate.
- Execute all SIR Corp systems to ensure optimum labour productivity.
- Develop, with each management team, an effective LSM plan that builds sales from within the operation. Use this plan to become known as the restaurant of choice in each target market.
- Provide, to the Vice President, all necessary weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting systems that measure each component of the P & L.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a GM role within hospitality, restaurant or retail environment is a must.
- Post-secondary education in business or hospitality management.
- Excellent people skills, including talent identification and development.
- Ability and desire to develop and implement operational standards.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong coaching, teaching, influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to inspire people to perform their best and deliver company goals.
- Ability to travel, with reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- In-Restaurant General Management: 7 years (Required)