Reference # 00169
Posted Friday, July 31st, 2020 at 12:03pm
Scope Public Applications Accepted
Position Ward Clerk (part-time, no rotation)
Application Deadline Monday, August 10th, 2020 at 12:00am
Reporting to the program manager/director, as a member of the multidisciplinary team, the ward clerk is responsible for the effective functioning of the nursing station, performing clerical and receptionist duties, and requesting supplies, equipment and services from other departments in an efficient, organized, and confidential manner.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- College diploma in Medical Secretary program required
- Recent medical/clerical experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology (tested)
- Excellent word processing, database and general computer skills
- Must be capable of dealing with patients, visitors, and staff in a calm and efficient manner, sometimes in stressful situations
- Must be available to work on shifts, weekends and call-ins
- Previous ward clerk experience is an asset
- Follows safe and healthy work practices and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established mechanisms for injuries and hazards and adherence to health and safety related policies and procedures
- Ability to focus on complex instructions and tasks, together with the ability to effectively organize tasks and utilize time available in an active, rapidly
- Ability to lift boxes and supplies
- Ability to push and pull adult patients on stretchers or in wheelchairs for portering
- Able to function as a team member and maintain good interpersonal relations while performing duties
- Able to work independently and with frequent interruptions
- Must be available to work 2-3 shifts per week and 2 out of 4 weekends. Hour are not guaranteed.
Applicants wishing to apply for this opportunity, are invited to forward their resume thought the careers website. Application deadline: August 9. 2020.