Havelock Home Hardware is currently seeking hardworking, customer-focused individuals to join our team as Cashiers in a full-time or part-time role.
These candidates will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, processing transactions in a fast, friendly and accurate manner, answering customer questions, and ensuring customers leave satisfied.
- Ensure customers are greeted promptly as they enter the store.
- Operate all Home Hardware software and point of sale equipment with sufficient speed and accuracy.
- Count float prior to start of shift and tabulate sales at the end of the day.
- Watch for theft and take action, according to store policy.
- Answer phone in prompt fashion and take messages, according to store policy.
- Be familiar with items in stock, including product use and operation.
- Maintain check-out area and merchandise displays.
- Maintain price information (flyers, in-store promotions etc.) for references when customer price inquires arise.
- Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on additional duties, special projects and assignments as assigned by the Assistant Manager or Store Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- One year of retail experience preferred.
- One year of cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Comfortable working with computers.
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
- Please note: Reliable transportation is essential.
If you want to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please click the APPLY NOW button. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
**We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday